You will be writing a cause and effect essay that explains the causes and/or effects of a subject of your choice. Your paper may discuss just causes, just effects, or a combination of both causes and effects. This is up to you.
Your paper should be supported throughout with specific examples, details, facts, statistics, and/or anecdotes (documented appropriately, using correct MLA format). Research and citation requirements are highlighted below.
Your paper should:
• Be about 1,250 words (about 4 to 5 typed pages) long;
• Be typed in font size 12 using Times New Roman as the font style;
• Follow MLA guidelines for format
• Cite from at least four research sources:
--At least three of these sources must be scholarly (such as journal articles, books, or government
--No more than one of these sources may be popular (such as newspaper or magazine articles),
--None of these sources may be an Internet site, and
--These sources should come from the library or from the library’s online research databases, not from
Internet search engines like Google.
• Follow MLA guidelines for documentation
• Include an MLA-style list of Works Cited (the Works Cited list is separate from your paper body and does not count as part of the required 4-5 pages)